Sunday, November 15, 2015

Navigating Through the Storm-Part One

It has been a while since Uniform in Christ has shared any news on our ministry.  In fact, it is a good opportunity to thank you all for reading this blog and hanging with us on a random basis, and for reading the other emails and request for support as we continue to offer our support to Montana Service members, Veterans, and their Families through Christian service.  Despite being silent through email for many months, we are still ministering in different ways, and as much as opportunities are presented, sometimes in moments that are not encouraged by the masses.   

There have been some adjustments for reasons we won't go into here with Uniform in Christ since we launched our ministry in January of 2014.  This time truly has been a period of waters testing.  As you know, the enemy will stake his claim any time the light of Jesus shines.  It does not go without saying that we have gone through some character testing.  For me personally, the last several months have been trying.  The challenges have not come from straying from our Lord.  Honestly, the answer as to why I have been going through a rough spot has not been clear until recently, which ended up being the motivation for this blog.  I have battled some uncertainty in my head as what I thought was destined to be the path I would be on for many years to come got delayed suddenly when a career change had to be made for financial purposes.  I have struggled trying to figure out why the path would be diverted when it was so abundantly clear the path that was being taken was the right path.  Isn't God just supposed to bring us through difficult times by placing us in greener pastures during them?  We all know that is a silly question because that is not how God works.  God will test us to the brink, develop us as we are needing to be developed, and release us to see our capacity and growth, not to mention to see how much we praise and trust in him as we navigate through the storm.  After a significant period of bumps, and perhaps bruises, things are now becoming clearer, and after hearing a message from my pastor this morning I felt the presence of the Holy Spirit, with encouragement, as I realized why I have been "off" for quite some time.

Life is so full of ups and downs and how we respond to support our needs and our families' needs defines us.  How we respond to trials and in good times is also indicative of where we are as Christians in our walk.  Too many Christians forget about Christ when times are good, then wonder where he is as life gets difficult.  This is something that I have considered myself relatively mature at since committing to living as a Christian several years ago.  But just as we think we have things figured out, a wrench is tossed into the mix and we suddenly realize we are not as mature as we believe.

What occurred to me today was that I have had sort of a perfect storm going on in my life.  I have had increased stress with several significant changes, leading to a personal rut that has been difficult getting out of; but also a void in my heart because for a good part of the last year Uniform in Christ has not been as active in service as what it was in 2014.  Literally, as I have contemplated a new year and new service opportunities with Uniform in Christ, I could feel my soul get filled with energy.  The Uniform in Christ ministry was a call that I received in 2009 as a Chaplain Candidate, with Christ-filled energy bringing more joy to my heart than quite possibly I have ever had up until the beginning of this year.   Service and ministry has the power to do this more than anything in life.  The emptiness starting this year has been debilitating due to the fact that I have not been able to truly live in this call.  It is one thing to have additional stress in life due to career change, finances, kids, etc; but when you have added stress and the inability to engage in a calling from God, it truly feels like your world has been turned upside down.  When you have something so incredibly close but lack the ability to engage with it there is an insecurity present that can only be replaced through action--action through service and mobilization.  I take great comfort in knowing that Uniform in Christ will once again be active in the community in 2016, and that out of this storm the ministry will be that much stronger--just as God intends.  In the coming weeks we will share with you the ministry opportunities in UIC and sincerely hope and pray that you join us as we re-embark on this rewarding journey.  Rest in Psalm 127:25, 28.




Blessings,
Ryan Luchau
Founder, UIC

Uniform in Christ always invites our peers to pray, volunteer, and financially support our mission of taking care of the spiritual needs of Montana Service members, Veterans, and Families in Christ's name.  Please send us your comments, questions, or encouragement to uniforminchrist@gmail.com .

No comments:

Post a Comment